The era of puff paint

Looking back at the first canvas I painted on. I was so nervous to mess up as my sister and Ryan were watching me. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing but after doing Pinot's Palette with my sister I assured them I knew what I was doing. (ya right) But this is what inspired me to continue painting after a two hour class on a Sunday afternoon.
And my creative mind wanted to paint more this after I showed myself I could actually paint (except this had a teacher and at home, I did not). 
So I got out the canvas and just started going, not really sure what I was going to do. 
Some say its fire and ice coming together. Could be a sunset and water. Wish I knew myself considering I painted it. 
I continued to experiment.
Soon it clicked. I wanted something very colorful, random, but incorporate my doodling, and have it 3-d (puff paint). So I experimented with paint and another medium, puff paint. 
So after looking at those and seeing what I liked and didn't like. I changed it up a little bit. 
Brighter colors and yes, those are all dots. I still don't know how I did that without causing horrible pain in my hand. But still after finishing that painting/doodle of a lot of dots I wasn't satisfied. 
I wanted the canvas to be completely covered with dots. 
A completed covered black canvas of puff paint dots. Some say I must have patience to be able to do that, I just have inspiration and I want to show it. Plus, I'd much rather do this than summer school. 
So I continued this sort of art for awhile and I let Ryan tag along at a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby to get more puff paint, considering how many dots that is, its easy to need more. 
Trying to make this trip as quick as possible, I see Ryan looking at these rather large canvas and he pulls it out and says, I dare you. 20x24 canvas. 
I wouldn't say no to his dare so I took it confidently knowing this is going to take me quite some time. 
So I went home to paint it black and start this big project. 
Proving everybody wrong, finished in less than a week. I don't even want to know the number of dots on that canvas. 
Its sitting on my fireplace screen because it doesn't fit on the mantle where my mom puts all the stuff I have finished.
So then I took on doing a canvas that is about 1/8 of the huge canvas. This is a mini canvas. 
After doing multiple doodles with dots on black canvas I thought its time to switch it up a little bit. Don't want to get too bored with it too quickly. 



If you stare at it long enough, you see different things and it plays weird games with your eyes, but the patterns spiced up and didn't allow me to get bored!
So I continued to branch out with my puff paints. 

These are cartoon people. This idea came from Ryan. He actually said "these are too legit to quit" of course, I realized he actually liked them! 
Just had to add some school spirit!
Thats the end of puff paint... for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment